Learn more about the Marin CWPP In 2015, CAL FIRE awarded FIRESafe MARIN a $123,200 grant from the SRA Fire Prevention Fee Fund to update the 2005 Marin County Community Wildfire Protection Plan, and integrate it with the Marin County Fire Department Unit Strategic Fire Plan.
Thank you for attending the CWPP Public Meetings: October 12, 13, 14, 15
To submit comments on the CWPP, please click here...
FIRESafe MARIN is a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing Wildland Fire hazards and improving Fire-safety awareness in Marin. We foster community involvement by building partnerships and providing resources for mitigating fire danger.
In the aftermath of the Oakland Hills fire in 1991, several public agencies and private interests wanted to reduce the likelihood that a similar tragedy would be repeated in Marin County.
FIRESafe MARIN was formed to promote fire safety and stimulate communities to collaborate when solving problems related to wildland fire protection.
FIRESafe MARIN is a non-profit organization coordinated by:
- Homeowners and neighborhoods
- Community service organizations
- Emergency management agencies
- Fire departments
- Insurance companies
- Public land managers
- Utility companies
- FIRESafe MARIN promotes effective fire safety by informing groups interested in fuels management
- Sponsoring educational programs for professionals
- Coordinating vegetation reduction project
- Developing technical tips for managing vegetation
- Providing a list of fire-resistant plants
- Senior Citizen Assistance Projects